tony chiang’s beer duck
I have no clue how this happened, but somehow my dad got onto a web tv cooking show called MeiMei’s Kitchen. I think MeiMei was part of our China tour group… maybe.
Anyhow, this video, while hilarious, is in Chinese. A few highlights… hit the link above to actually watch the video.
- my dad’s segment starts around 21:00, so fast forward to there
- the point of his recipe is that it’s super easy to prepare. You simply dump a bunch of ingredients in, roast it for 45 minutes on one side, and then 45 minutes on the other, and you’re done.
- when he’s ripping the fat out of the duck’s ass, he says “American ducks are fattier than Chinese ducks”. In America, everything is fatter, even the ducks!
- watch him wield the bottle of Yuengling around 28:00. He says he likes the lagers because their taste isn’t quite as strong. According to dad, “darker beers have more sugar” if that’s what you’re after.
- and absolutely don’t miss the chopstick poking at around 31:00, it’s absolutely brilliant. When he rips the wing off, he’s saying, “oh, look how tender this is, the meat just falls off the bird!”
Any Fort Collins friends want to make this at our next family dinner?